We strongly encourage children to wear school uniform. Our school colours are green, grey and white. Sweatshirts, fleeces, cardigans and white polo shirts are available from:
1-3 The Burges
Coventry CV1 1HN
Telephone: 02476 555 499
We would like children to wear the following with their schoolsweatshirt:
White polo shirt or white shirt.
Grey trousers or shorts
White polo shirt or white blouse.
White blouse shirt Grey trousers, pinafore or skirt
Flat, black sensible shoes should be worn to school - not high heels. If trainers are worn they should be black in colour.
Stud/small sleeper earrings may be worn, but we request that no other jewellery should be warn unless for religious or medical reasons.
Please label each item of clothing with your child’s name so that lost clothing can be returned quickly to the owner.
Parents can purchase sweatshirts, cardigans, polo shirts, pump bags and reading folders, which display the school badge from Cat Balou.
Key Stage One
Young children need clothes they can manage independently.
- A small, named, drawstring kit bag (no sports bags as there is not room for these in our small cloakrooms).
- Tee shirt, shorts and elastic-sided or Velcro pumps.
Hair should be tied back, if worn long, to minimise the risk of entanglement. Please tie your child’s hair back before school unless s/he is able to do this promptly while changing for PE.
Key Stage Two
The basic information and PE kit are similar to Key Stage One, although at 7+ children can be expected to cope with changing promptly into and out of a range of footwear (e.g. for PE lessons). Extra items needed in Key Stage Two are:
- Boots suitable for football, which is played on grass, weather permitting.
- Suitable trainers/pumps for playground games such as netball or hockey.
- Pumps for indoor gymnastics. (Trainers are not suitable for apparatus work).
- Track suits/sweatshirts (may be worn outdoors in cold weather).
The school policy for PE lessons is based on good health and safety practice. For indoor PE activities (except high-impact games such as basketball) pupils may work in bare feet.